Find your perfect job
Senior Project Manager - Rail civils
Job type: Permanent
Specialism: Project Management
Join the Enable Group within a supportive and diverse group who always strive to do the right thing for our people, environment and communities. We have a passion for social value and are doing great work in the communities in which we work to help and support with the work we do, aiming to create infrastructure solutions with lasting community value.
The identity and structure of our businesses reflect how we operate and see ourselves now and into the future – as a ‘Team of Teams’ comprised of sector specialists and experts, that together enable the possible and deliver infrastructure solutions for a range of communities, clients and customers.
As the Enable Group (Enable), we have re-aligned the names of our individual teams as we begin this new chapter founded upon four main subsidiaries:
Enable Infrastructure: the new identity for BCM Construction is the core of the business focused on overall project delivery.
Enable Hire: a first-class plant, tools and equipment hire team that also houses our innovative Enable Welfare service.
Enable Design: specialist design consultancy and the new identity for Equate Design, developing everything from design surveys to civil engineering designs.
Enable Resourcing: sourcing the best talent available, continuing to promote improvement and growth across Enable alongside driving our Social & Community Value agenda.
We seek to provide our people with a working environment that is rewarding and challenging, where people can enjoy working, feel valued and develop their skills. Our employees understand and live by our values which breeds passion and quality to the forefront of performance where our culture is fair and good work is rewarded.
Given ongoing success in the London and South East regions. We are looking to recruit a Senior Project manager or to join our team and help to deliver on rail civils construction projects throughout the region.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be promoted quickly through the ranks into a Regional Manager running our largest area in the business.
We require an experience Rail/civils Senior Project Manager to lead end-to-end project cycles to ensure safe delivery of the project to time, cost and quality requirements.
To be successful in this role you must have rail civils construction experience as a Project Manager.
You must have an understanding of commercial contracts, possess excellent stakeholder management skills while building rapport with the clients by delivering on time, to budget, spec and quality.
Project management and delivery
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the terms of the contract
- Produce contract programmes within the timescales set out by the contract, providing the client with contractually determined progress updates
- Produce a weekly programme update with assistance from Project Planners
- Take responsibility for ensuring projects are delivered in compliance with the company IMS (which provides compliance against relevant ISO Standards)
- Complete document deliverables matrix
Health & Safety, Quality, Environment
- Take responsibility for the safe delivery of projects and compliance with all relevant HSQE requirements
- Assist and input in the development and implementation of key project Environmental documentation including the EMP, SWMP, etc.
- Have an excellent commercial acumen, specifically around NEC contracts
Client relationship management and development
- Keep the client informed on the development of the project, request and act on the feedback
- Assist in the production of Project Case Studies
- Line Manage Project Managers
- Manage the develop the team, setting and reviewing annual objectives
- Identify any training, mentoring and coaching required
- Provide support and advice to ensure all project are being delivered to a high level of quality
- Experience as Project Manager on rail construction projects
- Degree in Civil Engineering (not essential)
- Sentinel card with PTS ticket
- CSCS card
- OLEC 1 (not essential)
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Excellent knowledge of NEC Contracts
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
What we provide
In addition to a passion for a strong work-life balance and flexibility/core hours working, you can expect:
25 days holiday + bank holidays and an extra day for your birthday,
Additional leave purchase scheme
Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships
An inclusive and diverse environment, embracing the variety of cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees
A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and a network of positive mental health champions
Opportunities to give back to our communities through our social value program
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a growing contractor where emphasis is placed on your personal development and growth, with the opportunity to be promoted into a Regional Manager in the very near future.
Share with your friends
Assistant P6 Planner / P6 Planner
Location: WaterlooView job details
Project Manager - E&P Rail
Location: London, Reading or BristolView job details