Find your perfect job
Projects Delivery Director
Job type: Permanent
Location: London or Midlands
The Enable group are growing company working with in the infrastructure construction sector, as part of our group we have a number of companies to help us deliver in design, build, plant hire and people to ensure we deliver the ultimate product, the group is built up of Enable Infrastructure, Equate Design, Enable Hire and Enable Resourcing.
The role will support the business in its diversification into new markets through assembling project teams with market sector experience. The project delivery teams work hand-in-hand with our work winning bid teams providing expert knowledge for tender submissions. We seek to farm the internal experience existing within our teams and also build new teams where necessary.
The Project Delivery Director is a key role in the business operating at board level. Through leading our project delivery operations, the role will provide input into the strategic direction of the business and add value across all of our objectives.
The successful candidate will provide input into the strategic direction of the business and have a valued input into market analysis and targeting. The role can be remote based covering works throughout the UK, however, must be easily accessible to our London and Birmingham offices.
We require an experienced leader coming from power systems and/or renewables power sectors to win work with Independent Connection Providers, DNO clients and renewables/power sectors. Experience in rail power systems would be an advantage also.
You will support us in improving our people offering through excellent leadership and through placing a keen emphasis on the employee experience. Training and development is a major area of focus for us, but these efforts need to be specifically tailored to individuals. On the job learning, mentoring, and providing people with suitable challenges will be something the Project Delivery Director will actively promote.
This role heads up the largest team in the business. This function comprises of the following teams: Project Planning; Access Planning; and Project Delivery. This is the function where all of our processes and systems are put to work in the field. As we “aspire to excellence in everything we do”, the company will rely on the Project Delivery Director to gather feedback enabling us to continually improve our standard operating procedures in pursuit of excellence. We rely on this team to apply a culture of getting everyone home safely, and a culture of continually seeking improvements and striving for excellence.
- Business or Engineering Degree would be advantageous as it will add credibility to an important role like this. Our works focus on, Power/renewables, civil and electrical engineering nature.
- Successful operational delivery experience. This role covers a broad range of projects and people. You will be required to have demonstrable experience in dealing with these challenges.
- Power (DNO and IPC sectors) and renewables sector experience
- Experience of Leading delivery teams with in DNO and IPC sectors
- Experience of developing business through your network with in the DNO and IPC sectors, renewables is advantageous also
- Rail Power systems industry experience (both delivery and business development).
- Highways and rail civils experience would be advantageous.
- Overseas experience or knowledge of an overseas market would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of DNO, IPC, Railway power and renewables sectors
- Knowledge of rail disciplines such as electrification and related infrastructure civils.
- Commercial awareness is essential.
What is in it for you
- Flexible working possible,
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays and an extra day for your birthday,
- additional leave purchase scheme
- life insurance,
- Private Healthcare
- Health & well-being app,
- + a number of other fringe benefits.
Share with your friends
Design Project Manager
Location: WaterlooView job details
Location: WaterlooView job details