Find your perfect job
Project Manager - Rail Civils
Job type: Permanent
Specialism: Project Management
The Enable Group, formed from an MBO in July 2020 is formed around a infrastructure construction business focussed on rail and power.
We seek to provide our people with a working environment that is rewarding and challenging, where people can enjoy working, feel valued and develop their skills. Our employees understand and live by our values which breeds passion and quality to the forefront of performance where our culture is fair and good work is rewarded.
The Group has three subsidiary businesses, which serve both the primary operating business and external customers.
- Enable Design: specialist infrastructure project design
- Enable Hire: hire of plant, tools and vehicles to the industry
- Enable resourcing: provision of blue collar and white collar workforce to the broader group
Given ongoing success in the Southern regions. We are looking to recruit a Project manager or a Senior Project Manager to join our team and help to deliver on rail civils construction projects throughout the region.
We require an experience Rail Project Manager to lead end-to-end project cycles to ensure safe delivery of the project to time, cost and quality requirements.
To be successful in this role you must have rail civils construction experience as a Project Manager ideally with a background in track and drainage projects.
You must have an understanding of commercial contracts, possess excellent stakeholder management skills while building rapport with the clients by delivering on time, to budget, spec and quality.
Project management and delivery
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the terms of the contract
- Produce contract programmes within the timescales set out by the contract, providing the client with contractually determined progress updates
- Produce a weekly programme update with assistance from Project Planners
- Take responsibility for ensuring projects are delivered in compliance with the company IMS (which provides compliance against relevant ISO Standards)
- Complete document deliverables matrix
Health & Safety, Quality, Environment
- Take responsibility for the safe delivery of projects and compliance with all relevant HSQE requirements
- Write the project CPP, QMP and WPPs when required
- Assist and input in the development and implementation of key project Environmental documentation including the EMP, SWMP, etc.
- Ensure ITP’s are produced in accordance with the Quality Plan
- Raise Early Warning Notifications and Change Requests as per Commercial procedure
- Prepare Clause 14 / NEC Contract Programme
- Authorise Internal Requisitions, Purchase Orders and Procurement Schedules
Client relationship management and development
- Keep the client informed on the development of the project, request and act on the feedback
- Assist in the production of Project Case Studies
- Line Manage Construction Managers on the project
- Manage the develop the team, setting and reviewing annual objectives
- Identify any training, mentoring and coaching required
- Provide support and advice to ensure all project are being delivered to a high level of quality
- Experience as Project Manager on rail construction projects
- Degree in Civil Engineering (not essential)
- Sentinel card with PTS ticket
- CSCS card
- OLEC 1 (not essential)
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of NEC Contracts
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
What is in it for you
- Flexible working possible,
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays and an extra day for your birthday,
- additional leave purchase scheme
- life insurance,
- well-being app with money off website access,
- cycle to work scheme,
- childcare vouchers
- + a number of other fringe benefits.
Share with your friends
Design Project Manager
Location: WaterlooView job details
Location: WaterlooView job details