Job type: Permanent
Location: Waterloo, London
Ref: Finance Manager
Enable Infrastructure Ltd is a leading provider of infrastructure solutions, specialising in the design, development, and operation of critical infrastructure projects. Our company is committed to delivering sustainable and resilient infrastructure solutions to support the growth and development of communities. We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Finance to join and lead our transactional Finance team.
The identity and structure of our businesses reflect how we operate and see ourselves now and into the future – as a ‘Team of Teams’ comprised of sector specialists and experts, that together enable the possible and deliver infrastructure solutions for a range of communities, clients and customers.
We seek to provide our people with a working environment that is rewarding and challenging, where people can enjoy working, feel valued and develop their skills. Our employees understand and live by our values which breeds passion and quality to the forefront of performance where our culture is fair and good work is rewarded.
This role will suit someone newly qualified, who is looking for the next step. You may have been working as an assistant Finance Manager/management accountant type role or in an audit team if working for an accounting firm.
Our Group is now looking to recruit a Finance Manager to lead our finance/accounts team of circa 3-5 people. The ideal person will be newly qualified/recently qualified in ACCA or ACA ideally looking for first move into industry, with the ability to manage a finance team and has good, rounded experience in a finance/accountancy function.
As The Finance Manager you will have a great opportunity to set, manage and maintain all financial controls and systems within the business and there will also be the opportunity to assist in the commercial side of the business with contract controls and reviews, supporting the financial controller and finance director. The role is varied and gives the successful employee the chance to work with a proactive mindset and under your own initiative.
- Set, manage and maintain all financial controls and systems within the business
- Project controls assistance and contract audits
- Support the financial controller in their duties
- Supervise and mentor the transactional finance team
- Prepare and review team members monthly balance sheet reconciliations adhering to month end deadlines
- Manage the month end and period end close, ensuring team has posted all relevant transactions by cut off
- Ensure reconciliation of intercompany accounts each period
- Review and report on overheads by department monthly, providing commentary on variances to budget
- Prepare and present periodic management accounts and annual accounts with commentary
- Take on the Group consolidation and reporting over time from the FC
- Manage the monthly payroll liaising with internal HR team and external payroll company
- Submit VAT returns from finance system ensuring company compliance with HMRC
- Manage cash and treasury matters on an ongoing basis
- Set up employees with standard costing and ensure timesheets & contract costings are processed correctly
- Help maintain and develop financial systems
- Support FC with statutory accounts prep and audit
- Continuously improve management information reports
- Qualified ACCA or ACA, post qualification experience not essential
- Degree or equivalent Accounting qualification
- Experience working in a Big 4 or top 20 accountancy company
- Good understanding of business and financial issues
- Result-orientation, work well under pressure
- Ensure all financial department KPI’s are met on a continual basis
- Understanding of Evision financials, vendor ledger, sales ledger, VAT, CIS, expenses module
- Understanding of CCH Tagetik, consolidation software
- Understanding and experience of VAT
- Understanding and experience of Bookkeeping
What we provide
- In addition to a passion for a strong work-life balance and flexibility/core hours working, you can expect:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays and an extra day for your birthday,
- Additional leave purchase scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Bonus scheme
- Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships
- An inclusive and diverse environment, embracing the variety of cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees
- A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and a network of positive mental health champions
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through our social value program
Get in touch to learn more about the opportunity and company.