Job type: Permanent
Location: London, Birmingham or Cardiff
Enable Infrastructure Ltd is a leading infrastructure development company dedicated to delivering innovative and sustainable solutions in the construction industry. With a focus on rail and infrastructure projects, we specialize in areas such as transportation, utilities, energy, and telecommunications. As a forward-thinking organisation, we are seeking an experienced Estimating Manager to join our team and lead the estimating department in delivering accurate and competitive bids.
The identity and structure of our businesses reflect how we operate and see ourselves now and into the future – as a ‘Team of Teams’ comprised of sector specialists and experts, that together enable the possible and deliver infrastructure solutions for a range of communities, clients and customers.
We seek to provide our people with a working environment that is rewarding and challenging, where people can enjoy working, feel valued and develop their skills. Our employees understand and live by our values which breeds passion and quality to the forefront of performance where our culture is fair and good work is rewarded.
The Senior Estimator at Enable Infrastructure Ltd will be responsible for leading and managing the estimating process for our diverse portfolio of infrastructure projects. Collaborating closely with project managers, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers, the Estimator will play a critical role in developing comprehensive cost estimates, analysing project risks, and ensuring the successful execution of the estimating function. The successful candidate will contribute to our company’s growth and reputation by delivering high-quality, competitive bids that align with project requirements and strategic objectives.
This role can be based out of our London, Birmingham or Cardiff office.
- Lead the estimating process, providing guidance, coaching, and training to ensure high-quality performance and adherence to company standards.
- Oversee the entire estimating process, including the review of project requirements, drawings, specifications, and other relevant documents to prepare accurate cost estimates.
- Prepare and present detailed estimates, including labour, materials, equipment, subcontractor quotes, and other related costs, ensuring they align with project specifications and requirements.
- Conduct cost analysis and risk assessment to identify potential cost-saving opportunities and develop value engineering solutions.
- Review and evaluate subcontractor bids, negotiate pricing, and establish relationships with reliable and cost-effective subcontractors and suppliers.
- Collaborate with the procurement team to analyse and assess vendor proposals, contracts, and pricing agreements.
- Monitor and track project costs, comparing estimated costs to actual costs and identifying any discrepancies or deviations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in cost estimating for Power and electrical infrastructure and construction projects
- In-depth knowledge of construction methodologies, materials, and industry standards.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret complex technical documents and drawings.
- Proficiency in cost estimating software and tools.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, and health and safety standards.
What’s in it for you
n addition to a passion for a strong work-life balance and flexibility/core hours working, you can expect:
25 days holiday + an extra day for your birthday + bank holidays
Length of service leave increasing from year 1.
Additional leave purchase scheme
Private family healthcare
Enhanced Maternity & Paternity offering
Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships
An inclusive and diverse environment, embracing the variety of cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees
A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and a network of positive mental health champions
Opportunities to give back to our communities through our social value program
Paid volunteering days
Get in touch to learn more about the opportunity and company.