Find your perfect job
Job type: Permanent
Are you an experienced Site or Construction Manager with in the rail/infrastructure sectors looking for your next big challenge around London and the South East, then we want to hear from you.
The Enable Group, formed from an MBO in July 2020 is formed around a infrastructure construction business focussed on rail and power. The Group is growing rapidly with Turnover expected to top £50m in the current year.
We seek to provide our people with a working environment that is rewarding and challenging, where people can enjoy working, feel valued and develop their skills. Our employees understand and live by our values which breeds passion and quality to the forefront of performance where our culture is fair and good work is rewarded.
We have strong desires around delivering a Social Value Impact through our recruitment strategies by aligning our business with strategic sourcing partners such as the military, welfare to work providers along with sustainable and environmentally friendly supply chain solutions. We are committed to offering social value support to people from our local communities; you can take part in numerous events to positively impact our communities.
The role is to oversee all aspects of our building project, including meeting with project partners, managing supervisors and teams. The CM will be responsible for ensuring all objectives and standards are met, and for finding solutions to problems as they arise, managing resource on site, ensure works are carried out to quality, cost and safety standards in line with the programme. You will ensure all equipment and materials are available on site as needed.
To be successful in this role, you should ensure the project is planned in a manner that meets and exceeds all objectives, and ensure it is completed on time and within budget. Top candidates will be skilful delegators, adept at identifying crucial aspects of the project and prioritizing them. You will lead on project delivery and site management, ensuring safe delivery of the project to time, cost and quality requirements.
- Ensure all staff are inducted onto sites and projects
- Ensure adequate supervision is being provided for all works
- Brief supervisors and operatives on Task Briefing Sheets and SSOW
- Ensure that all works are completed in line with specification / drawings, with relevant ITPs and check sheets being completed for each activity
- Raise internal requisitions in line with company procedures
- Check Weekly Plant records, ensuring unnecessary plant is off-hired
- Take responsibility for compliance with all relevant BCM IMS and project specific plans.
- Complete site documentation including site inductions, daily attendance registers, dilapidation surveys, daily diaries, inspection checklists (fuel bowser, first aid and fire extinguisher), risk assessments, permits and take 5 observation forms
- Ensure site records are maintained as per IMS requirements (including inductions, site registers, COSHH records, completed ITP’s, SMARTwaste figures)
- Write TBS and WPP when required
- Complete Safe Work Pack and Open Line Working applications when required
- Ensure HAV assessments are being conducted and monitored, with results sent to HSQE Team
- Ensure ITP’s are completed in accordance with the Quality Plan
- Conduct project audits and supplier evaluations as per IMS Audit procedure and project audit schedule
- Ensure non-conformance is managed in accordance with company procedures
- Brief out HSQE Toolbox Talks as relevant, ensuring briefing forms are signed
- Submit HSQE KPI’s to HSQE Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, civil engineering or qualified by experience.
- Rail construction or site management experience.
- Civils, Drainage, Track or Earthworks experience required
- SMSTS or SSSTS
- First aid at work
- Skilled at solving conflicts between different project members and staff.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel and Project
What is in it for you
- Flexible working possible,
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays and an extra day for your birthday,
- additional leave purchase scheme
- life insurance,
- well-being app with money off website access,
- cycle to work scheme,
- childcare vouchers
- + a number of other fringe benefits.
Share with your friends
Design Project Manager
Location: WaterlooView job details
Location: WaterlooView job details