Business Development Manager - DNO/ICP
Job type: Permanent
Location: London, Birmingham or Cardiff
Enable Infrastructure Ltd is a leading infrastructure development company specialising in delivering innovative and sustainable solutions in the construction industry. With a focus on major infrastructure projects, we excel in areas such as transportation, utilities, energy, and telecommunications. As a forward-thinking organisation, we are seeking a dedicated and experienced Business Development Manager to join our team and drive growth in the Renewables, DNO (Distribution Network Operator), HV (High Voltage) Power, and ICP (Independent Connection Provider) markets.
The Business Development Manager will play a pivotal role in identifying new business opportunities and driving revenue growth in the Renewables, DNO, HV Power, and ICP markets for Enable Infrastructure Ltd. This position requires a deep understanding of the renewable energy sector, distribution network operations, high voltage power systems, and connection providers. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing strategic partnerships, expanding the client base, and positioning the company as a leader in these specific markets. Strong industry knowledge, excellent networking abilities, and a proven track record in business development within the renewables and utilities sectors are essential.
This role can be based in either our London, Birmingham or Cardiff offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Renewable Energy, or a related field.
- Proven experience (5 years) in business development or sales within the renewables, utilities, or energy industry, with a specific focus on DNO, HV power, and ICP markets.
- Strong understanding of the renewables sector, including solar, wind, and energy storage systems, as well as the distribution network operations and high voltage power systems.
- Excellent knowledge of the regulatory frameworks, policies, and incentives governing the renewables and utilities sectors.
- Strong network of industry contacts and the ability to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including developers, utilities, and regulatory bodies.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully identifying and closing business opportunities, meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex technical information to diverse audiences.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities, with a focus on market analysis, risk assessment, and opportunity evaluation.
What’s in it for you
- In addition to a passion for a strong work-life balance and flexibility/core hours working, you can expect:
- 25 days holiday + an extra day for your birthday + bank holidays
- Length of service leave increasing from year 1.
- Additional leave purchase scheme
- Private family healthcare
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity offering
- Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships
- An inclusive and diverse environment, embracing the variety of cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees
- A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and a network of positive mental health champions
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through our social value program
- Paid volunteering days
Get in touch to learn more about the opportunity and company.