Find your perfect job
Job type: Permanent
Specialism: Civil Engineering
The Enable Group, formed from an MBO in July 2020 is formed around a infrastructure construction business focussed on rail and power. The Group is growing rapidly and given this growth we are looking to add a skilled Project Manager to our Midlands operation.
We seek to provide our people with a working environment that is rewarding and challenging, where people can enjoy working, feel valued and develop their skills. Our employees understand and live by our values which breeds passion and quality to the forefront of performance where our culture is fair and good work is rewarded.
The recent success with our work winning team and increase in workload has enabled us to create a new role for an Assistant Planner to join our busy team.
The role is to manage the evaluation of project time for the project and correlate cost and risk assessment. Manage project planning systems, policies and standards and ensure compliance of planning activities across individual projects to support the successful delivery of projects.
- Manage the integrated P6 programme meeting the internal / external reporting timelines.
- Correlate schedule, cost and risk assessment through integrated solutions to influence critical path analysis thus providing robust/quality plans for decision making.
- Lead in What-if scenario planning providing integrated solutions to programme/project conflicts and recoveries.
- Manage and monitor processes to integrate scheduling from across all projects within the area of work.
- Work closely with Project Managers to maintain programme schedules, and manage the interface between schedules.
- Support contractor requirements working with the Planning Manager and/ or Project Controls Manager. Sustain – lead the evaluation of contractor interface reporting including earned value management performance.
- Collaborate with project delivery teams and external stakeholders (including suppliers, regulatory bodies, and the Department for Transport) where necessary to integrate all time, cost and quality information to support the monitoring of project performance.
- Capture and communicate best practice project planning policy, processes and procedures across the business to drive continuous improvement, and provide specialist advice where required.
- Manage the development of your team member(s), motivate and inspire, set and review annual objectives, provide constant feedback, identify any training needs, mentor/ coach, keep team member(s) informed and engaged. Provide support and advice to your team member(s) at all times and ensure that all tasks are being delivered to a high level of quality.
Strong track record of achievement in planning and project management within large scale infrastructure projects.
Qualified in P6 primavera planning.
Understanding of SSOWP NR Standards 044 and 019 (e-learning module)
NEC and NR Suite Contract awareness training
P6 planning experience in rail or infrastructure construction projects.
Project controls knowledge/experience
Earned Value management knowledge
Demonstrable understanding of commercial elements within large, complex projects, and a track record of achievement in complex projects.
Numerate and able to demonstrate strong excel, project and PowerPoint skills, computer literacy is essential.
Share with your friends
Design Project Manager
Location: WaterlooView job details
Project Manager - Civils infrastructure
Location: BirminghamView job details