Find your perfect job
Assistant Management Accountant
Job type: Permanent
Location: Waterloo or Lingfield
Join the Enable Group within a supportive and diverse group who always strive to do the right thing for our people, environment and communities. We have a passion for social value and are doing great work in the communities in which we work to help and support with the work we do, aiming to create infrastructure solutions with lasting community value.
The identity and structure of our businesses reflect how we operate and see ourselves now and into the future – as a ‘Team of Teams’ comprised of sector specialists and experts, that together enable the possible and deliver infrastructure solutions for a range of communities, clients and customers.
We seek to provide our people with a working environment that is rewarding and challenging, where people can enjoy working, feel valued and develop their skills. Our employees understand and live by our values which breeds passion and quality to the forefront of performance where our culture is fair and good work is rewarded.
As the Enable Group (Enable), we have re-aligned the names of our individual teams as we begin this new chapter founded upon four main subsidiaries, this role is to assist the Finance business partner / FC in partnering service to the General Managers of three of the captive businesses.
The role would ideally suit a part-qualified person, Grad + 2 years, or someone who has completed an AAT qualification and studied whilst working with a number of years experience.
The role can be based out of our Waterloo office, East Grinstead and some remote working is possible.
- Development of monthly reporting packs
- Monthly reforecasting of each business (P+L and cashflow)
- Budgeting for each of the businesses
- Liaising with central finance to ensure processes are followed
- Ensuring there is a smooth and efficient interaction between central finance and the business
- Analysing data and comparing actuals vs budget with commentary
- Business specific activities
- Writing capital expenditure requests
- Commission calculations and forecasting
- Job by job performance monitoring and analysis
- New business case writing and challenge
- Part-Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA etc)
- Previous experience in relevant sectors (especially construction) an advantage, but not essential
- Previous use of Evision an advantage, but not essential
- Advanced MS Office skills training / experience
- Outgoing, bright and driven
- Collaborative approach
- Inquisitive and open mindset
- Motivated by improvement and enhancement
- Experience of working in an SME environment
- Ability to distil core issues
- Strong written and verbal communicator
Software management and processing
- Understanding of Evision financials, vendor ledger, sales ledger, VAT, CIS
- Understanding of Zetadocs and expenses
- Understanding of the timesheet procedure and processing of timesheets and standard costing
- Understanding and experience of VAT
- Understanding and experience of Bookkeeping
What we provide
In addition to a passion for a strong work-life balance and flexibility/core hours working, you can expect:
25 days holiday + bank holidays and an extra day for your birthday,
Additional leave purchase scheme
Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships
An inclusive and diverse environment, embracing the variety of cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees
A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and a network of positive mental health champions
Opportunities to give back to our communities through our social value program
Get in touch to learn more about the opportunity and company.
Share with your friends
Assistant P6 Planner / P6 Planner
Location: WaterlooView job details
Project Manager - E&P Rail
Location: London, Reading or BristolView job details